Booking a table at the Hatter & the Hare is now very easy with OpenTable! You can make a booking online on your phone, computer or tablet, anytime, anywhere. You can also opt in to get reminders about your booking via email or SMS so you never forget.
The simple answer is NO.
High Tea bookings made through OpenTable WILL NOT BE HONOURED and the café reserves its rights for declining bookings that do not align to our existing booking policies.
Head to this page to book for High Tea and to get more information.
The café is open 7 days a week for most of the year EXCEPT on the following dates:
- 27 January – Australia Day
- 9 March – Labour Day
- 10 April – Good Friday
- 11 April – Easter Saturday
- 8 June – Queen’s Birthday
- 3 November – Melbourne Cup Day
- 25 December – Christmas Day
- 26 December – Boxing Day
SPECIAL TRADING DAYS
Note that there is STRICTLY NO SPLIT BILLS during Weekends, Public Holidays and very busy periods during the week. We highly advise you arrange for/designate someone to pay your bill at the end of your meal before heading into the café to avoid any issues with payments during your visit.
Otherwise, during light periods at the café, we are more than happy to accommodate split bills.
- Our Weekday Trading Hours are from 7am to 4pm, except on Public Holidays.
- Bookings on weekdays are available for all group sizes up to 20 pax.
- For bookings of groups larger than 20, send an email to email@example.com
- Weekday bookings are available from 7am, with the last booking accepted for 3:30pm.
- During busy periods, a seating time limit may be imposed which will be advised to you by the host of the day.
- Unless otherwise specified, the café is open from 8am to 4pm on Weekends and SOME Public Holidays. Double check our list of Venue Closures above to confirm if we’re open on a particular Public Holiday.
- Only bookings for large groups (8 or more) are accepted for weekends and public holidays. Smaller groups are all welcome to walk-in and will be seated as soon as a table is available.
- Bookings for weekends and public holidays are available only on the following set times: 8am, 10am, 12nn and 2pm.
- There is a strict 1.5-hour seating limit for all bookings on weekends and public holidays.
- Be aware that a 15% surcharge is applicable when dining in on Public Holidays.
- For bookings of groups larger than 20, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bookings for a party of 8 or more are considered large group bookings.
- Bookings for groups of up to 20 can be accepted via OpenTable.
- If you’re booking for a group larger than 20pax, write to email@example.com to make and confirm the booking. Your credit card details will be captured at the time of booking.
- Bookings for groups larger than 20 can only be accommodated at certain times of the day, especially on weekends. You will be advised of the available times when you write or call to make the booking.
- Note that groups of 21 or more will need to prepay a booking fee of $25/head. This will be a consumable fee and will be taken out of the group’s total bill on the day they booked. A party of 21 or more will also be able to stay for up to 2 hours. Note that if the group stays over 2 hours, they may be charged an additional $100/hour.
- A booking for a group of 30 or more will be considered a function and will need to have meals pre-ordered so that the kitchen is able to prepare ahead of time. Desserts and drinks can be ordered on the day.
- Note that your card may be charged for last-minute cancellations or no-shows in the amount of $10/head, or for overstaying in the amount of $100/hour, for which an invoice will be sent to the email you have provided at the time of booking.