On the night of the 2nd of November 2019, we brought Thailand to Melbourne as we once again transformed our venue for our 2nd Pop-up Dinner Episode to celebrate World Vegan Day! Our events team brought in several Thai-inspired accents to perfectly set the mood as diners entered the venue. Each table was perfectly set with gold cutlery, tea lights sitting on lotus flower-shaped capiz candle holders and small vases filled with fresh flowers.
Guest chef Saruttaya Lakchai (Chef Na) took the helm of the kitchen for the night. Working together with acting Head Chef Dale da Costa and our kitchen team, we were in for our smoothest-sailing dinner service yet! Each course went out, artfully plated, to all the diners as scheduled with no dramas at all. Most diners also enjoyed each dish with a glass of matching vegan wine supplied by Sibling Vegan Grocer & Liquor.
Our floor staff were on a roll as well as they ushered in and waited on the guests. They made sure the diners were all comfortable and satisfied from the moment they were sat at their tables up until they’ve walked out the door. Our bar staff also kept the guests happy and topped up with drinks all throughout the night.
The guests also kept themselves busy and entertained in between courses at the photo wall and the photo booth. A few also went to have a peek at all the action happening in the kitchen through the big glass windows.
All in all, it was such a successful dining event which wouldn’t have happened without the all out support we received from the following event partners & event suppliers:
- Chef Na for taking up our offer and designing a beautiful menu as well as organising a well-planned prep and dinner service.
- Messy Veggies, our main media partner for developing the promo videos for our Vegan High Tea and Vegan Pop-up Dinner and for promoting these events on their online platforms.
- Sibling Vegan Grocer & Liquor for supplying the outstanding vegan wine selection that matched each course for the night
- Pic Cha Booth for providing the photo booth service
- Mind Society Studios for the photo and video coverage