It’s Christmas time and what’s a more appropriate thing to make than a fresh batch of Gingerbread! In this demo, THATH Head Pastry Chef George walks us through how to make this wonderful Christmas creation which you can then turn into all sorts of shapes in different sizes!
- 450 g Honey
- 280 g Brown Sugar
- 36 g Mixed Spice
- 65 g Butter
- 18 g Bicarb Soda
- 150 g Hot Water
- 1 Kg Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add flour and mixed spice
- Heat honey and add to the mixture
- Heat water
- Add bicarb soda to the hot water (this will create bubbles). Stir then add to the dough mixture.
- Dust flour on the bench. Slightly knead dough, then roll out dough till it’s 5mm thick.
- Cut the dough into desired shapes
- Put on tray and bake in the oven for 10 min
Then you’re all set to make any gingerbread creation your heart desires! Make a gingerbread house, or cut them into different kinds of shapes for cookies. Cover them in all sorts of coloured royal icing or lollies. Go crazy or keep it simple – it’s all up to you! What’s important is that you enjoyed making these treats and that you get to share them with the people you love the most during the holiday season.