HONEY & PECAN COOKIES
In this demo, George, THATH Head Pastry Chef, walks us through how to make our Honey & Pecan Cookies.
- 915g Unsalted Butter
- 65g Eggs
- 1 kg Plain Flour
- 230g Honey
- 230g Candied Pecans
- 3g Trimoline
- 376g Caster Sugar
- 36g Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven at 160C.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add the eggs to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the honey, vanilla and trimoline.
- Fold in the pecans and flour until the mixture until the dough mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the bench, and roll the dough until it’s 5mm thick.
- Cut the dough in the shape and size you desire and place each piece on a tray covered with a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 min in the oven.