In this demo, George, THATH Head Pastry Chef, walks us through how to make our Oatmeal Cookies.
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 75g Brown Sugar
- 125g Butter
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1 Tbsp Boiling Water
- Lemon Rind
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Grate lemon rind and set aside.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in the microwave. Do it in 30-sec intervals until the mixture has reached liquid form.
- Sift flour over a bowl.
- Add the oats, coconut, caster and brown sugar, and lemon rind.
- Add the egg to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the melted butter and golden syrup mixture into the bowl.
- Mix everything on low speed.
- In a separate container, mix the hot water and bicarb. Mix with a spoon until bicarb has dissolved in the water.
- Add the bicarb mix to the bowl of batter.
- Mix on low speed until all ingredients have combined.
- Sprinkle some flour on the bench and roll the dough until it’s 5mm thick.
- Cut into desired shape and place on a tray covered with baking sheet.
- Bake for up to 15 min in the oven.